41 Quotes About Being Vindictive

Forgiveness is one of the most powerful weapons to use and also the most unpopular. Being vindictive is not a way to move forward and seek productive results. Here is a look at some of the best quotes about being vindictive that is encouraging.

Forgiveness is one of the most powerful weapons to use and also the most unpopular. Being vindictive is not a way to move forward and seek productive results. Here is a look at some of the best quotes about being vindictive that is encouraging.

“A victor’s peace is usually vindictive and stirs up a passion for revenge a generation or so later.”

“An angry woman is vindictive beyond measure, and hesitates at nothing in her bitterness.”

“Anger is a violent emotion, vindictive, and as dangerous to he who is driven by it as to anyone on whom it is turned.”

“As the books of Job, Jeremiah, and Habakkuk clearly show, God has a high threshold of tolerance for what appropriate to say in a prayer.”

“Democracies are indeed slow to make war, but once embarked upon a martial venture are equally slow to make peace and reluctant to make a tolerable, rather than a vindictive, peace.”

“Do not too many believe no zeal to be spiritual but what is censorious or vindictive? Whereas no zeal is spiritual that is not also charitable.”

“Forgiveness is an embrace, across all barriers, against all odds, in defiance of all that is mean and petty and vindictive and cruel in this life.”

“God is erratic, sometimes vindictive, sometimes merciful. The people I was taught were heroes – Jacob or Moses or David – were ambivalent figures, or worse.”

“I don’t think the press are vindictive. They can write what they want.”

“I have fought against the people of the North because I believed they were seeking to wrest from the South dearest rights.”

“I never came across anyone in whom the moral sense was dominant who was not heartless, cruel, vindictive, log-stupid, and entirely lacking in the smallest sense of humanity.”

“I saw the Count lying within the box upon the earth, some of which the rude falling from the cart had scattered over him.”

“I think it’s almost immoral to keep on with a marriage that’s really bad. It just gets more and more rotten and vindictive and everybody gets more and more hurt.”

“I think sometimes women who are supposed to be strong are also written as mean and vindictive.”

“I’m opinionated, but I’m not a vindictive person and I never say anything unprovoked, either.”

“Is ‘fat’ really the worst thing a human being can be? Is ‘fat’ worse than ‘vindictive’, ‘jealous’, ‘shallow’, ‘vain’, ‘boring’ or ‘cruel’? Not to me.”

“It is not true that suffering ennobles the character; happiness does that sometimes, but suffering for the most part, makes men petty and vindictive.”

“I’ve always been sceptical about the notion that the market is a person you can engage in an argument with, and that that person is an intelligent, rational, well-intentioned person: it is fantasy.”

“Lack of communication has a way of clipping our wings, which keeps us from flying. When things are left unspoken, we forget that everyone is destined to share the sky together.”

“Let others lead small lives, but not you. Let others argue over small things, let them complain over what might have been, but not you. Let others cry over small hurts, let them be discouraged, let them be revengeful and vindictive, but not you.”

“Men are often a lot less vindictive than women are, because we are rejected constantly every day.”

“Mercy more becomes a magistrate than the vindictive wrath which men call justice.”

“Moral people, as they are termed, are simple beasts.”

“Often a woman that doesn’t have any business being in a fight is there because their ego thinks it can mend what other people can’t.”

“On the one hand, you don’t want to disrupt the nation with what might look like a vindictive prosecution, even though it might not be.”

“One of my major shortcomings – I’m vindictive. I don’t know why that is. Even in petty things in my life I tend to strike back. It’s a lot more pleasurable a sensation than feeling threatened.”

“Poor humanity, to saddle the gods with such a responsibility and throw in a vindictive temper. What griefs they hatch for themselves, what festering sores for us, what tears for our prosperity.”

“Since women do most delight in revenge, it may seem but feminine manhood to be vindictive.”

“The Christian god is a being of terrific character – cruel, vindictive, capricious and unjust.”

“The denizens of Citizens Service Houses are not, as a rule, gifted with a lot of common sense, but they often make up for that by being extremely argumentative and vindictive.”

“The God of the Old testament is arguably the most unpleasant character in all fiction…”

“The other matter to which we beg leave to refer in candor has been the anxiety shown for the Constitution and civil liber­ties because of alleged dictatorial, impatient and vindictive tendencies on our part.”

“The twin conceptions of sin and vindictive punishment seem to be at the root of much that is most vigorous, both in religion and politics.”

“There is nothing more vindictive, nothing more underhanded, than a little world that would like to be a big one.”

“There’s a natural law of karma that vindictive people, who go out of their way to hurt others, will end up broke and alone.”

“These humans are only of flesh, of mud, and I suggest there is one force stronger than their zeal for God: their own self-righteousness.”

“Time is a vindictive bandit to steal the beauty of our former selves. We are left with sagging, rippled flesh and burning gums with empty sockets.”

“To presume a want of motives for such contests . . . would be to forget that men are ambitious, vindictive, and rapacious.”

“To trust the God of the Bible is to trust an irascible, vindictive, fierce and ever fickle and changeful master.”

“We have to be irrational and vindictive, because that’s going to frighten people. And we have to maintain this for years. And then we’ll be able to carry out the actions that we want to carry out.”

“What is needed in the world today is a Civil Rights Movement for the Soul, freeing humanity at last from the oppression of its belief in a violent, angry, and vindictive God.”

“When men cut jobs, they’re seen as decisive. When women do, they’re vindictive.”

“Wretched are those who are vindictive and spiteful.”

Revenge is a go to for some when they feel like they were mistreated and something they think they deserve. Finding an alternative in life is better for the end.

ncG1vNJzZmiblaGyo77ArZyyp5eWe7C%2BxmhramWhqry1sdJmraKmlJ6wtbXVnmY%3D

Share!